Hello Bloggers and followers!! Today I will try to make my Blog simple and straight to the point. So, here are some questions you may ask:
- Are you wondering what I mean by energizing?
It is about spreading the world about a product/service via word of mouth. It’s powerful way to use the groundswell to boost your business. So what makes word of mouth so powerful?
- It’s believable: getting referenced by customers is more credible than any source of media.
- It’s self-reinforcing: hearing same comment from multiple people makes it convincing
- It’s self-spreading: when customers have good experience with products, spreading the experience is easy and fast.
- How to energize the base and social technographics?
Focus on the Creators group and encourage them to write about your product. This will get the people lower own on the technographics ladder to start hear about it.
- What is the value of an energized customer?
The value of energizing is dependent on the type of customer you can attract through your reputation and referrals. So, if energizing done through word of mouth how do you measure it? The answer is as simple as: you can buy a word of mouth program. Examples of companies who sell this program are Massachusetts and BzzAgent. All your cpmapny needs to do is sign up, and then they send some of their thousands of “volunteer brand evangelists” your product. As a result, if your product is unattractive they won’t talk about it. However, if they like the product
- What are some techniques for energizing enthusiasts?
- Tap into customers’ enthusiasm with ratings and reviews
- Create a community to energize your customers
- Participate in and energize online communities of your brand enthusiasts
- What are the benefits of ratings and reviews?
- Although it is hard to measure the influence of ratings on buy rate, it is proved that reviews increase the buy rate.
- Although reviews can’t be 100% positive, negative ones reflect the credibility of the company website.
- Ratings and reviews help in leverage with suppliers.
- What are some lessons we can learn from energizing a community?
- Business-to-business companies have an advantage in building communities. This is because all have something in common.
- Communities can get out of control. If you are planning to start one you have to be ready for all situation such as bad comments. Shutting it down is not a solution.
- Make sure you know your objectives before going in.
- Are there certain steps for applying the techniques of energizing to your own company?
- Figure out if you want to energize the groundswell
Energizing is meant for every customer, it is only for the enthusiastic ones.
- Check the social technographics profile of your customers
Investing time and effort into some researches is a must. This help you figure out numbers about how active your customers are in the groundswell and in what they participate the best.
- Ask yourself, “What is my customer’s problem?”
The main focus of a community or a forum discussion is not the product but the problem associated with it from the customers’ perspective.
- Pick a strategy that fits your customers’ social technographics profile and problems
Different customers and problems require different strategies. For instance, if you notice that there are a lot of critics within your customers then reviews and ratings may be your suitable tool. Other companies may need communities.
- Don’t start unless you can stick around for the long haul
Communities aren’t something that you can start and leave whenever you feel like it. It may have an ugly ending. Once you decide to start one you should be able to keep it going.
- At this point, you may ask “okay, so how energizing is going to transform my company?”
A company that practices the energizing behavior will end up having unpaid R&D partners. Also, it helps you in getting your customers involved in the product development process. This means that you will have a better understanding of what your customer are asking for. In turn, this will lead to customer satisfaction.
Li, C., & Bernoff, J. (2011). Groundswell: Winning in a world transformed by social technologies. massachusetts, boston, united states of america: forrester research, inc.
WordPress. (2013, April 11). Energizing the groundswell. [Cartoon]. Retrieved from https://hodano.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/wom2.png
WordPress. (2013, August 5). Energizing the groundswell. [Cartoon]. Retrieved from https://elannestia.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/hires-1024×794.jpg
WordPress. (2015, Aprill 11). Energizing the groundswell. [Cartoon]. Retrieved from https://localfoodieyeg.wordpress.com/2015/04/11/energizing-the-groundswell/